Southwark’s Walking Away From Diabetes service has been designed to help reduce your chance of getting type 2 diabetes.
What Does the Walking Away From Diabetes Programme Involve?
- Two, one and a half hour virtual workshop that take place across two weeks which looks at:
- reducing blood sugar levels and taking steps to reduce Type 2 diabetes.
- understanding more about type 2 diabetes, its effects and what high blood glucose levels means long term health issues associated with Type 2 diabetes.
- how to reduce the risk of contracting type 2 diabetes through increasing physical activity and eating more healthily planning for the future.
- Three months after this, there’s a one-hour follow up workshop or telephone evaluation to check progress.
- A telephone evaluation three months later to check everything is still on track.
The programme is delivered by two fully-qualified trainers and a family member/friend or carer is welcome to accompany you
Who can receive support?
- aged 18 and over
- identified as pre-diabetic
- have an HbA1c result of between 6.0 and 6.4%
- registered at a GP practice within the borough
What do I do now?
Call 0333 005 0159
Or contact us using this form.