Southwark’s Walking Away From Diabetes service has been designed to help reduce your chance of getting type 2 diabetes.
What Does the Walking Away From Diabetes Programme Involve?
- This 3-hour workshop that take place locally in small group settings and examines:
- Reducing blood sugar levels and taking steps to reduce Type 2 diabetes
- Understanding more about type 2 diabetes, it’s effects on your body and wellbeing
- What high blood glucose levels means long term and the health issues associated with Type 2 diabetes
- How to reduce the risk of contracting type 2 diabetes through increasing physical activity and healthy eating planning
- Three months after the program, we offer a follow up telephone evaluation to check progress
- Another telephone evaluation is provided three months later to check everything is still on track
You are more than welcome to bring a family member/friend or carer to accompany you.
The programme is delivered by two fully qualified practitioners.
Who can receive support?
- Aged 18 and over
- Identified as pre-diabetic
- Have an HbA1c result of between 6.0 and 6.4% (42-47mmol/mol)
- Registered at a GP practice within the borough
What do I do now?
Call 0333 005 0159
Or contact us using this form.