Want to quit smoking? It doesn’t have to be a drag.
The Southwark Stop Smoking service offers support to people who are interested in quitting smoking.
Our specialist trained staff can give you free advice, support and nicotine replacements to help you quit.
How you benefit from quitting smoking
Smoking damages your physical and mental health. It also puts an added strain on your finances. As soon as you quit, there are immediate benefits to your health. Plus, the average smoker could save over £2,000 a year by quitting.
How we can help you quit smoking
Many people have a go at quitting on their own. But with our support, you are three times more likely to quit than if you tried it alone.
Our friendly team have helped hundreds of people to stop smoking, and they are here to help you. They will work with you to make quitting as easy as possible by helping you:
- recognise and manage your cravings
- create a tailored plan that will help you with any withdrawal symptoms
As part of the support, you can get 12 weeks of free:
- one-to-one therapy from your specialist advisor to help you change your smoking behaviour
- nicotine replacement therapies (NRT), including e-cigarettes/vapes and refills, if this is appropriate for you
We know that it can be hard to go smoke-free. So there’s no limit to how many times you can use the service. Every time you have a go at quitting, you are one step closer to quitting for good.
Who can get help to quit smoking
You can use the Stop Smoking Service if you are:
- 18 years old or above
- and live in Southwark
- are registered with a Southwark GP
Where you can get help to quit
You can get support:
- via our telephone clinic
- at certain pharmacies in Southwark
How you can get help to quit
To start your smoke-free journey, you can:
- complete a form to get stop smoking support
- call 0333 005 0159
- email [email protected]
- visit one of the participating pharmacies